You are here

Trials and Tribulations of PAS and Garbage BM's

RisingtheWave80's picture

Even when she is not in our home the issues never end.

SD14 is to start school today, she is to report to the therapy school and next week is the big meeting to determine if she will continue there or she will go to the regular school. Last night DH sends her a message saying "Good luck tomorrow at school, I hope it is good, and I hope to see you soon, love you dad" Her response was "You will see me at the school next week, please don't do anything to ruin my chance at attending the school I belong in" (she is referring to the regular high school, which is NOT the school she should be attending)

He is a patient man, never takes the bait and didn't respond. He is already aware that no matter what she will find a way to hate him for doing what is best for her. She flunked 8th grade, I mean missed 50+ days of school (never had an officer at their door or BM having to speak to why so many days were missed) Then the school held the court date and BM manipulated the system and those involved and the reasoning for their recommendation to not hold her back was that "her condition made her unable to attend" WHICH IS COMPLETE BULLSHIT

Then I see SD's Instagram this morning and she was at a Skip Knot concert last night, so the difficult student who refuses to go to school was allowed by BM to go to a concern the night before her first day of school. I have a feeling that SD will not be making it to school today and BM will find some excuse for it.

And the other kicker, SD put a pic on Instagram of her and her boyfriend kissing. This boy has broken up with her a million times, each time it puts her into a downward spiral because she cannot mentally or emotionally deal with additional stimuli and chaos. Last year I spent a lot of time talking to her about healthy relationships and conset etc, since mom refused to. This boy told the whole school she was psycho and that she was stalking him etc. I do not believe that a 12-14 year old should have such a serious "realtionship" yet. I really focused on her spending time with her girlfriends and interest but she cared more about boys and BM let her spend ALL of her time with him. We did not APPROVE. So this picture is up and I was scanning and noticed that BM liked the making out pic on instagram. I mean.. SHE APPROVES OF ALL OF THIS and APPROVES of the equalization of her young immature teen on social media. I just cannot understand any of this. I asked all of my friends who have teenage daughters their thoughts on this thinking maybe I was old fashioned in thinking this was not appropriate for a girl who turned 14 two weeks ago. They all said HELL NO that would never be allowed by their teens and the phones would be taken away.

I feel like BM has spun a web of lies and manipulation so tight that there is little for us to prove the parential alienation or possible neglect. I feel bad for DH as he was sad that he isn't involved in the going back to school, as he stated last night "I was her parent for 14 years and its like I am not anymore" I told him that I still think therapy or finding some online group of individuals going through similar things may help him, so he knows he is not alone. He knows I am on here and he knows this site has helped me a lot with being able to vent, get advice and snap me back into a better mindset. I speak to him a lot about this site and that I use it as NO ONE else in my life understands all the craziness.

Harry's picture

This kid is not normal, and she is not going to live a normal life.  It’s not a walk in the park for BM.  She should be in the special school, maybe they can do something, But this is not going to be a cure all.  You can not do more then Birth parents. 

BM has tried to convince everyone that they are happy and healthy now that dad isn't in the picture. She 100% has a personality disorder and her reality isn't anyone elses 

ITB2012's picture

Something about a 45 day evaluation at the regular school. Did that happen this summer or is there yet another change your DH wasn’t told about? 

I think you guys may need to both disengage from it all. It doesn’t seem like your DH has much leverage to do anything to help her. Which is too bad, from your posts he seems like he wants to be actively involved but she seems to be out of control and in cahoots with BM. 

The evaluation never happened and they said they may still do it once the school year begins, which was today. DH doesn't want to disengage because that is what they want, they want to point to him and say he was the problem. He is trying to help his daughter and PAS is in play here.

DH has already decided that if the school system and or BM make decisions regarding the schooling of SD that is not going to be in the best interest of his daughter he will at that point tell them that BM will handle all School issues going forward. Because there will be a lot and he will not be leaving work to pick up his daughter because they're kicking her out of school every day. The day she did make it to school last year most of them she did not last the whole day. he will fight for the evaluation and he will fight to have her in the therapy school until it's complete because trying to move her to the therapy school after they let her go to the regular high school will be even harder. 

But you are right BM and SD are in cahoots and have the same game plan. This is not going to work out for the best interest of SD. BM doesn't want her in the therapy school because she will be held accountable for more things than she's ever been as a parent. 

DH was the primary parent while they were married and he is the one that's on all of the work for SD past few years so for him to be pushed out is extremely painful for him. My heart breaks for him. but right now he's the only one advocating for his daughter because unlike BM he understands his job as a parent is to raise a good adult and not to be his daughter's best friend.

tog redux's picture

OP, you have to figure out how to accept that you and DH have little influence on SD right now.  BM is a permissive parent who lets SD do whatever she wants, and supports all of her decisions, so of course she prefers that. What teenager wouldn't.  What you and DH think should happen is really irrelevant right now, and honestly, what you think should happen was always irrelevant.

BM allowed my SS19 to do whatever he wanted. Video games all night before school. No rules, no structure. She paid for anything and everything he wanted. DH's attempts to provide structure were cast as "abusive" and "harsh".  SS barely passed high school and he's now living with BM, fully supported financially, with no job, no school and no life plan.

You have to let go and recognize that BM is her mother and as such, can parent however she sees fit. She has successfully marginalized DH and if he continues to try to go against what SD wants, he will be the guy who "ruins everything."  He has to parent differently at this point, and you have to just accept you can't do anything to fix this. 

ITB2012's picture

Based on previous posts about BM and the information in this post about your DH: how did a deeply religious guy get into a relationship with a woman who is doing illegal things and seems to be his polar opposite?

ITB2012's picture

Fat fingers, tiny cell phone links.

I will copy it to the right one, thanks!

Thumper's picture

Wait until bm looses her grip on dh...then the child takes over, full speed ahead.

OP not all things are "Parental Alienation"--it may feel like it.

You have your hands full and I am so sorry.

((((HUGS)))))

BM learned in the last couple years that she has NO power over DH but now it appears she is 100% double downing to make sure nothing good comes from a relationship with his daughter.

My heart is breaking for DH. This Saturday morning he was a bit off, I was outside working on some project in our camper and he comes outside, barely saying a word and continued that way until I asked "what seems to be bothering you, you seem a bit off today"

He woke up to a text sent by SD at 2:30 in the morning saying "Why don't you love me, why do you hate me, why don't you support me, why is alcohol more important than me, I am going through so much right now and I should be able to rely on my father" and then he mentioned she sent one a couple days prior at 2:30am also asking "Why did you have to get divorced"

All of this at a time when she should be sleeping but obvioously in a place of emotional distress. We have no idea how much BM is saying to her, all I know is that until a few months ago she was in our home 50% of the time and didn't have her mother yapping in her ear 24 hours a day everyday. We were able to seperate her from the craziness.

DH has been in constant contact with her, he messages her, he tries to call her. He tried doing something for her birthday but because he was sticking to "what is best for my daughter as far as schooling went" she decided she hated him and didn't want to see him. While she has not been in our home he has NEVER stopped being her father. He messages her every few days and says "I love you, I want to see you, I hope your day is going good" and if she replies it is nasty and crappy. It would be better if she just didn't respond at all.

So the other day he sent a reply "Of course I love you, of course I support you, if it bothers you that I drink (while you will not dictate what I do) I won't drink around you (although this isn't an issue, this really is something BM has fabricated to be an issue) I am always here for you."

No Response from her yet. I think a lot of this was because the meeting at the school to discuss the initial evaluation results, IEP info and school placement is today. I think she was hoping to guilt him enough in order for him to just cave. He understands by doing what is right and speaking up for what he believes will be the best for his daughter will make his daughter turn away from him. He will always go on the side of what is the right thing to do.

I just wish she would be away from BM long enough to clear her head. She knows nothing she said to her father is true, she knows her mother is a pathological liar, she knows all of this but it doesn't seem to matter at this point. It's as if everything he has ever done for her is forgotten, again he was the primary parent for 11 years while she flew off to work all over the place. It's all so messy and so sad.

Rags's picture

Im sorry that DH has to be subjected to this toxic drama by BM and the influence of her shallow and polluted gene pool.

Please share the outcome of the school placement rmeeting.  Hopefully the decision is the one that puts SD where she needs to be in order for accountability to be inforced.

Good luck.

So the meeting was yesterday.

SD will start her school year in the therapy school, they will conduct a 40 day evaluation and meet again in October to see if she will continue there or return to the high school.

When DH arrived at the school he got there at the same time as BM and SD, she was polite enough to him and he asked her for a hug and she did- she has a BIG mouth when it comes to texting.

The minute they got into the room, BM was 100% combative, she was trying to throw the school under the bus for their decisions or lack of evaluation during the summer, she stated that this school was filled with kids who cannot dress themselves and its not a place for her daughter then proceeded to say that DH said it was a"school for retards" and that his daughter was "a bad seed". She kept claiming that "she knew the law" and that the school system did not know what they were doing. She brought up the letter from the therapist and the schools response was "that is great that she has improved over the summer, but she has not demonstrated that in school" she went to the therapy school DAY ONE and then DAY two had her mother pick up her up because she had her period. BM went after every teacher or admin in the room telling them what they did wrong.

The school (Special Ed, High School, Middle School Teachers, and the Therapy school personnel) had already made the decision that she would begin at the therapy School. SD started listing her demands, one being she goes to the regular high school and the other that she has time with the guidance counselor every other day. The principal at the high school looked at her and stated "You will get counseling at the Therapy School, the High School is not equipped to handle that sort of demand from students, so you will get that at the therapy school"

SO! When SD figured out they wouldn't let her go to the regular High School she LOST HER SHIT. She started swearing at BM, calling her by her name and saying "You promised me you would fix this, you promised me in the car that you wouldn't allow them to send me to that school" she continued to attack every adult in that room. OMG doesn't' she know if she wants to try to manipulate the school into believing she has grown up and will act accordingly she maybe shouldn't go crazy in the meeting.

This was all very painful for DH, it's all so real and he worries that it may not work. And SHAME on BM for promising her this, the last day SD was in our house it started because she got mad when I told her that her mom cannot just take her out of this school and that if the town makes a decision then that is the decision. What a god-damn psychopath BM is!

Needless to say DH didn't need to say much at all, he just watched his crazy ex-wife and crazy daughter sink themselves in the meeting. BM doesn't want this because these schools demand a lot from the parents too and she wants to be primary parent she will be kept in line by the school too. If SD screws this up the next step is the county residential school that kids with behavioral issues attend. DH will be in contact with the therapy school this week to get a meeting with the principal to let him know of the current dynamics with regard to his daughter and make sure that he is kept abreast of what is happening.

Rags's picture

It is good to hear that the school and therapy professionals put SD and the BM in their place.

Sadly my forecast is that residential school is in SD's future.   It will be BM's crappy influence that vectors SD to the residential school.  Hopefully, getting her the hell away from her whack job BM and into a zero tolerance strict accountability environment is exactly what she needs to find the most positive possible path.  Also sadly, I forecast that there will not be much positive about her future.

It is great the DH is involved and will be in contact with the school regarding his daughter.

What are DH's thoughts on the residential school?

I think DH is on the same mindset that it would be upsetting if this is the case but if it would get her away from her mother it may be benficial. As I mentioned previously she was with us Sunday Morning until Wed night every week plus additional days so we were able to get her away from BM's influence for a bit.

So yesterday SD left the school and they had to go after her and get the cops involved and then apparently BM was able to get her to go back. She is ruining everyday of DH's life, I feel like she is winning aka getting what she wants to make everyone as miserable as she is.

Rags's picture

Here comes residential state school!