You are here

the BS starts in 5 minutes!

Calypso1977's picture

SD14 being picked up soon. im mercifully at work until 2 or 3pm. then i have to endure her for dinner and until 10pm, then she goes back to her mother.

i told fiance we should F with her head and not put her big gift under the tree and instead wait to give it to her until after everyone leaves (she has a small token gift to open with the other kids). id love to see her entitled attitude. i betcha she would actually ask "is this all i got?" or "where are my boots?" I think he's considering doing it. LOL

Willow2010's picture

(she has a small token gift to open with the other kids). id love to see her entitled attitude. i betcha she would actually ask "is this all i got?" or "where are my boots?"
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I really hope he rethinks this. This is a 14 year old girl. Of Corse she will probably say something if she thinks that everyone got really nice gifts and she got a token gift.

Just seems like setting someone up for failure and embarrassment. KWIM?

I am sure there is some reason you want to do this. I don't know the back story...?

Calypso1977's picture

the "token" gift is actually identical to the gift her cousin got (its somethign for them to use together) and comparable in price to the gifts bought for the other kids. she also has a stocking.

the kid was a brat all year and gave her father a hard time with everything, including blowing off visitations/sleepovers/etc. i honestly think the gift her father got her was way too generous given her attitude, behavior and general demands.

onthefence2's picture

So not only are these kids spoiled by the parents and neglected when it comes to discipline, they are also fodder for Christmas antics by embarrassing them as well... And we are wondering how they end up this way? Don't stoop to the parents' level.

kathc's picture

actually, it sounds like having her open the small gift with the others would mean she's given the same as them and then can have her big gift after they leave...which, actually, sounds like a good lesson to teach her. Being polite and not rubbing things in others' faces. She doesn't need to open a large gift in front of others who aren't getting something that extravagant.

Calypso1977's picture

im also failing to see what "embarrassment" you all think this would cause. the only way she will embarrass herself is if she exhibits displeasure in what she's been given and actually asks/demands for more/better gifts.

Willow2010's picture

Ok...this is what I took from your post. You were giving everyone else really good gifts and just giving SD a token gift.

If you are giving everyone token gifts the same as her, then yea...she should be good and not ask for anything else.

Anon2009's picture

I agree with otf...these kids get spoiled and poorly parented, and then people get mad at them? Doesn't make much sense IMHO. I agree that she should open the big gift away from the other kids, but point the finger at people who made her the way she is.

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

I'm just waiting for BM to get on to DH because SheSloth will claim she really didn't get all that much...and nothing she asked for. We opened gifts today, because SheSloth had to go to BM's tonight. She got a necklace from DH, and a robe from me. BS20 got a video game (that was comparable in price to the necklace), a $10 DVD set of all the older Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movies (his favorite), and a power ranger t-shirt...just something cool I happened upon for him and BD23...matching with the color power ranger they used to pretend to be when they were little. DH also decided to give SheSloth and BS20 each $50, because he wanted to help BS20 get this couch thing from IKEA for his dorm room...which SheSloth still has $40 of after getting a $10 full length mirror for her room (time for more inappropriate selfies, as that is the only reason I can see why she would "need" a mirror like that...her bathroom mirror is good enough to check out her clothing).

With BM already giving it away that she got SheSloth that color guard saber...yeah, we know who gets the prize for best gift this year...not that it should even matter!

As for BS20 and BD23 getting more personalized gifts? Comes from me actually knowing my kids! May not seem much to some others, but you could tell BS20 loved his gifts...in his room having a TMNT marathon right now...lol! And when I told him I got BD23 the matching shirt, he smiled and laughed...they both like things that are tokens of their childhood...the good memories (like pretending to be power rangers).

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

i love it! Selfish little twit, it's not all about HER! Bwahahahahah!

~ Moon