You are here

Mystery of the broken toothbrush holder!!!!!

SMBlues's picture

Monday night Skids were over. OSS asked to take a shower. He was going home after leaving our apartment so I am still confused as to why he needed to shower. Our bedroom is across from the bathroom and I heard something crash. I chalked it off at first because I thought I was imagining things. OSS finishes with his shower and calls SO to the bathroom. (side note: we only have a one bedroom, they have no clothes at our place.) I heard SO say to him he needs to be more careful and how did this happen. I got up immediately and saw that my toothbrush holder which I have had since 2002 was in pieces. The story is OSS was getting dressed and accidently hit it and it broke. That is a lie, I heard it hit the floor before he started taking his shower. Not to mention our bathroom is pretty big. If you had to get dressed in there you wouldn't need to stand anywhere near the sink. OSS offered no apologies but asked the dumbest question, was it anyone's. SO said yes it is (insert name here).

I do not like to accuse people of doing things on purpose. The story sounds very suspect to me. I am trying not to be a b*tch and knew he shouldn't have taken a shower at our apartment. Main reason no clean underwear to put on. SO said he will buy me a new one. I did say to him my toothbrush holder has survived several moves only to be broken by your OSS. **********NOTE: I SAID THAT LATER THAT NIGHT WHEN THEY WERE NOT HERE.*******

Yes it is only a toothbrush holder but what the freak were you doing in there that it broke. OSS is old enough to know better.

secret's picture

he was probably scrubbing his cornhole with your toothbrush. :sick: :sick:

maybe he hit is when he was getting UNdressed?

I have several things in my home that I replaced with newer nicer stuff when my kids were getting older... aaaaannnndddd now many of them are ruined by SS. Marks on the couches, tables scratched up, I'm not impressed. But... DH said he'd buy us new stuff later on... so whatever. I mean it's just "stuff", but that's not the point. I worked hard to surround myself with things I loved... just to have them screwed up by someone else... not cool... so I get it.

Did he even apologize to you?

SMBlues's picture

No he did not apologize. SO said he apologized, to him but not me. He also seems to be going through things in the bathroom. I hear cabinets opening and closing all the time. At our last place when they came over he was in the bathroom one day for about 30 minutes. The toilet never flushed, so I don't know what he was doing in there. I did go in after him to check to see if our toothbrushes were wet and they were not. Just plain weird.

ishouldrun's picture

How old is your OSS? I don't have boys but I hear from my friends that once they reach the teenage years they use the "facilities" for other reasons :sick:

twoviewpoints's picture

I would be more concerned if you had written that after the kids left you went in to find the toothbrush holder missing (as in hidden, broken under the towels in the closet), or that you went in and just found the broken holder laying there broken with the kid never having said anything to anyone.

How often do these kids visit at Dad's? Is there really anything kept in your bathroom (knowing these children do visit) that is perhaps should be kept (for safe keeping and privacy, such as sexual toys, meds, ect, elsewhere)?

Whatever the kid was doing, I seriously doubt he broke the holder on purpose. The question of 'did this belong to anyone' is a strange question though to have asked. As yes, kid, it didn't just get up out of the store and wander over to this apartment's bedroom all by itself. Which makes me ask, are there other items in the apartment that has been made an issue as in 'don't touch that, it belonged to blah blah', and 'don't use that because it was a gift to SM from a special friend/aunt/whoever'.

SMBlues's picture

They visit SO twice a week. The only things that are in the bathroom are towels, washcloths, soap, lotion, toilet tissue, things of that nature. When I was single I had a nosey friend or two, so I learned not to keep anything super personal in the bathroom. I have never made an issue of not touching things because growing up I knew better. I expect the same from SO with his children.

Cutter's picture

I brought this brand new adorable lamp that I have been eyeing. It was expensive but after seeing it for 6 months I splurged. I put it in the middle of my end table and it looked wonderful till later that day when my 12 yr old managed to trip over air and land on the table pushing it to the floor. Kids break stuff.

ESMOD's picture

While it does sound like an accident to me.. he certainly should have said he was sorry.

Not sure about whether he might have been snooping around looking for prescriptions or something though. That is not uncommon with wayward kids (and adults for that matter).

SMBlues's picture

No prescriptions are kept in the bathroom. Unless he is eating toothpaste and soap, and smelling bath towels, now that could be what he's doing. If that is the case, then that's strange.

Aunt Agatha's picture

Apology and offer to buy a new one with the young man's own money. He's not a little kid and you were doing him a favor by letting him use your place for a shower.

But have you considered he's looking for medication to abuse? Have you noticed anything missing (even cold medicine) after a visit? I'd be concerned that's what he's doing riffling through the drawers.

SMBlues's picture

Ssons have been around the toothbrush holder for a few years now. Their ages are 10 and 13. If it were the first few visits and it broke I would understand. But it's not like you have never seen it before or it was a new object. I understand children break things. I have broken things when I was a child. The snooping is another issue. I had considered putting an unused pregnancy test in the cabinet, but that would start so much drama with BM.