You are here

I WANT OUT OF THIS RELATIONSHIP!!!! NEED ADVICE!!!!

startingover2010's picture

i am so unhappy. i want it to be me and my bd3 only---no bf, no sd11. i am so fed up with everyone! he has ruined my life, so has sd11, and i know i am also to blame for allowing myself to get so low but dammit putting the blame soley on them makes me feel the least bit better.

how do i get out of this relationship? i dont want anymore contact with either sd11 or bf. problem is, bd3 is half bf's. or maybe i should stay with him for the kids sake?

i am so screwed up right now, my bd3 is sick with a cold and i am in so much pain from my period. otc stuff doesnt work for me, bf knows this, and i have no health insurance. yet, he wont help out with the kids or house.

im rambling now. sorry.

gertrude's picture

You have had one lousy rotten day, eh? I've read some of your other entries, and I know it has been a trying time. My first recommendation - do not make a decision when you are feeling completely overwhelmed and ill.

One thing - the decision to stay is not "for the kid's sake". A toxic relationship is not better for a kid. If it is really not going to work - then ending the relationship is better than not.

I don't know what will be right for you to do, but to make the decision and get unstuck, try writing down the "pros and cons" of your situation - this is just an exercise for you to do in private to help you decide. It seems silly, but I have found when I am really uptight, it can help me focus.

But first - get some sleep, feel better, and then start on it. It isn't easy, but you will make the right decision - then make the plan on what you need to do to get there. Take it easy, I'm thinking of you.