You are here

Future mil and bil want bil's kids at my wedding. I don't want them there...help!!!!!

dledden's picture

Just sent out all of my wedding invites. Fiancee's big bro George is best man. he's the only sibling to fiancee, and he and his wife have 3 kids.

Fiancee's mom, and George, want George's kids included in the wedding. Fiancee and I have 3 kids of our own who all live with us 24/7 (no biomom or biodad in the picture). so, obviously our kids have to be in the wedding and the reception. I do NOT want George's kids there. That would make SIX KIDS under the age of 10 running around my wedding reception!

Am I WRONG for not wanting them there??? I don't wanna cause any rifts with me and the family, so I have a feeling i'm going to have to CAVE and have them there which makes me very unhappy! it's MY wedding, my mother's paying the bill....

what do i do???

dledden's picture

Foxie, as of right now there IS no honeymoon...we don't have anyone to take our kids for that. we're gonna try to get 3 days kid-free at the beach, gonna ask a bunch of different people even if we gotta split them up. i'm not in a hotel, it's a cheap wedding, 85 guests...there aren't any separate rooms for the kids to be taken into unfortunately Sad But i'm gonna try to figure something out!!