You are here

Family photos

Newimprvmodel's picture

A few thoughts. Just got home from my dh's father's birthday party. My kids attended also and we all got along fine with husband's family. I did take note of FIL giving informal speech making special note of "my 15 grandchildren." Of course that number doesn't include my three kids.....no problem.....only blended for 6 years. I am nervous about going to husbands brother's wedding soon. My kids were invited.....will I be included in pics and likely my kids excluded? I will feel bad for them. Maybe I should just not be present for the pics? My dh says he expects me and my kids to be in pics, but I do not want awkward moments for my kids?

overworkedmom's picture

I-m so happy This. I agree, this is something that you should talk about so that there isn't any of those awkward moments. And honestly if my kids aren't considered family I am not sure if I would be willing to be a part of those pictures either. If it is all taken care of before you don't even have to stand around for all those pictures- you can hit the bar instead (hopefully it will be an open bar }:) )!!

Anon2009's picture

I guess it depends on their ages...have your kids had a close relationship with these people?

I'm a stepdaughter too. I wouldn't care if I wasn't planned on being in wedding pictures of my stepdad's family. We're nice to each other. We get along and that's it. These are people I've known for 22 years.

That's just my take though.