You are here

Do you block StepAdults on Facebook?

ETexasMom's picture

I had removed MSD from my friend's list and everything on my page is private but if I tag DH in something she can see it. So my question is do you block Skids on Facebook?

Kinda makes me feel like I have something to hide and helping her out ignoring that DH has a wife. Honestly I don't care what she sees and she can freak out over DH having a life if she wants.

Shaman29's picture

As long as your page is private and you only allow friends to view things, no one else should be able to view your page.

croton's picture

I deactivated my Facebook last week, I feel better not using it or seeing my step daughters posts.

Shaman29's picture

I blocked skid and Uberskank (BM).

Uberskank has PW information for skid's FB page, since Uberskank set it up for her before she was of age. Skid is too much like her father, never changed the PW. Which means Uberskank has access to her page.

So both are blocked. It's weird because skid and I have mutual friends who are H's relatives.

hereiam's picture

I don't have FB but if I did, I would block SD24. I really wouldn't care if she thought I had something to hide.

twopines's picture

SD30 and BM are blocked from my FB. They are also blocked from DD20. It's been almost 5 years, and I know SD30 has commented to DH about it. Too bad so sad.

Craving Normality's picture

I don't let any of my inlaws, steps or their parents access to anythng of mine online. I used to, but they used it against me, and I won't anymore. If they were my actual friends, I would have no problem with them being friends on FB. If any have asked me why I unfriended them I tell them that they actually unfriended me a long time ago, by their actions, in real life.

Monchichi's picture

Douche nozzle moron hahahhahaha IF I may I am going to call SF that Hahaha that perfectly sums him up.

Salems Lot's picture

I unfriended all steps and inlaws! I don't post anything bad, but I once posted something that was sarcastic and within 2 minutes, SO's cell phone let up like a Christmas tree! I immediately unfriended every one of them.

Prior to this, MSD told me that she showed BM, Stepdad, OSD, YSD some photos I posted, then claimed she really didn't show them, but instead they all happened to be standing behind her, looking over her shoulder while she was looking at the images of my family on facebook. Apparently some comments were made regarding my grandson. MSD thought they were said in good humour, but I found them insulting and rude.

Since everything seems gets back to BM, I unfriended the whole famn Damily!

still learning's picture

"standing behind her, looking over her shoulder..."

This is an issue that so many forget about regarding social media, anyone can look over anyone's should. On top of that screenshots can be sent and re-posted. DH is always showing me what the ss's are doing on FB so I have access to them through him, even though I no longer have a FB acct.

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Your FB, your choice.

Before I stopped using FB, I had BioHo, Mr. Pinhead, BioHo's sister and BIL, PrincASS16 and PigPen13 blocked. SD22 and SD19 were on my friends list but with restricted access. BioHo called my DH and had a total fit when I didn't accept PigPen's friend request earlier this year. I told DH, "You tell that effing C word that 1) my FB page contains content that is NOT appropriate for a 12 year old and I am not, repeat NOT, about to limit my postings to a G rating for one person. 2) PigPen is underage. The FB age limit is thirteen so he has been on there ILLEGALLY for 3 years. And 3) I wouldn't care if he was 92. NO ONE tells me who to accept as a FB friend."

Rags's picture

Nope, I just don't friend them. If they are friends with someone I am friends with then fine. They can see and rant and bitch all they want. I will call them on it. Or... just ignore them.

Exjuliemccoy's picture

I have blocked both SDs and unfollowed some in laws. If they are not a positive in my life, I certainly don't want to interact with them on facebook.

jenny5668's picture

I don't post much on facebook; but I don't have SS or SD as friends. But DH is friends with both of them and his ex, so......probably why I don't post much.

I used to be friends with some of my ex's relatives, but unfriended them after a while.

my brother periodically friends and un-friends me all the time, depending on his mood, lol.

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

I unfriended both my SD's a few years ago but did not block. If they want to creep me on FB - go for it LOL. They cannot comment or share my posts.

Unfortunately, OSD is now friends with some of my and DH's friends which really bugs me because our friends post nice pictures etc. and when I click on one - there are SD's comments - I just don't want to see her anywhere on FB.

This is a difficult situation for me and I need to make a choice - unfriend my friends because they are SD's facebook friends too or just ignore comments from SD. Sometimes I want to close down my account on FB because of the stress I feel sometimes when SD pops up unexpectedly on posts I look at.

Trying to keep her out of my world is very difficult when some facebook friends are also her friends on FB.

sammigirl's picture

Block SD; she won't see your post, you won't see anything she puts in yours or anyone else. It works, I did it. Like I posted above, I blocked anyone that I felt my SD55 would question about me.

It is so peaceful and I don't get stress on FB since I did this six years ago.

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

Thanks Sammigirl. Maybe I will block SD so I don't see her stupid face or her stupid comments on my friends posts. }:)

WSM wants peace's picture

My SD unfriended me in August..at first she denied it, said she took a vacation from FB but when she got back on we were still not friends...she told DH that I had posted things over the years that hurt her (not sure what any of it was because I never would intentionally hurt anyone). She also told DH that she didn't like seeing posts with my son and DIL with us..funny thing is, she's FB friends with my DIL and she didn't unfriend her.. SD also told DH that when I tag him she can still see my posts..WTF?? I can't tag my hubby or anyone we both know for fear she will see it and get upset!