You are here

BioMom is on drugs

bjmoore17's picture
Forums: 

This is my first post on this site, but I have been reading for quite some time now. A little background on me...
I am dating a man that I have known since I was a kid. He is 8 years older than me. He got married, had three kids (daughter 14, daughter 8, and son 6), put wife in rehab twice during marriage, she ran up over $58,000 in credit card debt (in 7 months) by applying for a card in his and her name, only had the bill go to a friend's address (so he wouldn't find out). Every transaction was for pain medication she was purchasing online (not sure how that works), clothes and fast food... nothing else. Needless to say, this was the end of their marriage after he found out about the credit card bill. He works 6 days a week, night shift, sleeps during the day. He thought everything was fine, but it wasn't. Anyway, he was separated from her for 3 years, the divorce was final last summer. It took so long because he wanted custody of the children. He knew she would not discipline them and basically take the easy way out. Plus, he didn't want them around the drug environment.
Ok, fast forward to me running into him a few months back and we started seeing each other. He is a great man with good morals and wants the best for his children, but his hands are tied with the court system. He was not awarded custody because he works so much. He really got screwed in his divorce, but I feel like his situation is only temporary. You guys aren't going to believe this. He ended up having to pay the house payment for the next 3 years, $1,000 a month child support and she got $66,000 from his 401k. This woman had no job at the time. Now she is working 15 hours a week. She got the 401k money on December 12 and bought a Cadillac Escalade on Dec 20. We are assuming she paid cash. You would think that $1,000 a month would be more than enough to keep the utilities on in the home since she doesn't have to worry about the house payment. However, the utilities are constantly being cut off. We picked the kids up one weekend and they were smelly. I was like, what is going on? Then they told us they haven't had showers for a few days because they didn't have any water. Then another weekend they didn't have electric. They don't even have trash pick up. She gets money from her parents to get the utilities turned back on for a little while, then they're shut off again. My boyfriend has talked about taking her back to court for custody this summer, but he's afraid that they will make him pay more money and he is scraping the bottom of the barrel right now. He wants to gather more evidence against her, so he can be sure he gets what is best for the kids.
He gets to claim the home interest on his taxes and he gets to claim the kids as dependents, so that's a plus. The home has to be sold in three years from the date of their divorce and he gets back what he has paid in payments since the divorce and they have to split any profit 50/50.
Oh yeh, another thing is his oldest daughter has missed 29 days of school (at last count) and the year is not over yet. The two younger ones have missed 18 as of last count. A friend of ours, who is also an attorney, told us that if the kids aren't going to school and she is not providing for them with the money allotted to her, he may have a chance.
I think he should hire a private investigator to watch her for a few weeks and figure out the drug usage and other things. I also think he should try to subpoena the utility companies for proof of termination, get school attendance records along with report cards, and find witnesses to take deposition regarding her drug usage. Opinions???

bjmoore17's picture

I know other people go through these things and its humbling to hear from someone that has dealt with it.
Another thing is, she has a bf staying with her. We don't know if he stays all the time. If I had someone living with me and my utilities were being cut off and he didn't step in to help, he would be out faster than he came in.
Also, forgot to mention that she was telling the kids bad things about me. She doesn't even know me, never spoken to me or even tried to speak to me. I would want to know who is around my kids. She doesn't have to be friends with me and I SURELY don't want to be friends with her, but I think its a good idea to know who is around your kids. She sent a text to my bf telling him that if he couldn't see the kids without me, then don't come get them at all. She said the 8 yr old girl was crying because she didn't like me being around and the 6 yr old boy was upset because daddy has a gf. Oh yeh, and I made the 14 year old cry. I must be a real loser huh? Actually, in the real world, apart from his ex's so called reality, his 8 yr old grabs my hand to drag me to games at carnivals. She doesn't want me leaving her side while she is standing in line waiting for tickets to play those games. When we go out to eat, she has to sit with me in the booth seat. She likes to help with breakfast or whatever I'm cooking. She doesn't want me to go home, she want's me to stay the night when she is with us, which is just fine with daddy Smile The 6 yr old is always asking me to play with him. The 14 yr old girl doesn't go anywhere with us. She never comes on his weekends and has no desire to be with her dad. She sent a text to her dad telling him that she "hated him and didn't want him around, he never did anything for them anyway and don't come to any of our ball games". It was a 4 page text message and was very hurtful to him. He asked me what I thought about it and I said, go to their games and be there, especially when she doesn't want you there, then she'll get a little older and realize that you were there even when she was mean to you because you care. OMG.....what the heck. If he wasn't such a good person and a great man I would head for the hills. I've been through enough bad to know good.

bjmoore17's picture

I did a little research on how to react to this and found out that it is called Parental Alienation Syndrome. I had never heard of that and in WV it is considered a form of child abuse. Sometimes, we go to their ball games and the kids act like they don't know us. He will whistle over to them and try to get them to come over to us, but they act like they don't know him. When they end up having to walk past us to get to their vehicle, he asks them why they didn't come over and sit with us and they say "I don't know". And they really don't know why they "couldn't" come over and sit with us, not that they wouldn't have. She's a sick woman, but her kids will figure her out as they get older. I really truly believe that she will be moving back in with her parents in three years when the house has to be sold and the two younger kids will be living with us.

steptwins's picture

Our BM went crazy last weekend due to crystal meth. Pulled a knife & police were called & gave her two options: get arrested or commit yourself. She goes to hosp. & is kicked out a 6am for trying to self-medicate & they took her crystal meth. Now DH has emergency sole custody of 14 yr. old swins. (Stepsons) BM is a gun freak & for the past 3 weeks sees Ninja's in the backyard at night. Last Thurs. one swin stayed up all night with her b.c. she was seeing Ninja's and had gun loaded & cocked out bedroom window. Pathetic huh? Anyhow yesterday she comes over & takes one swin despite the order. DH calls police & she returns the kid. However, kid is pissed at DH: "I love my mom, why are you doing this dad?" After her entire family couldn't do an intervention last weekend & his experience with her night time Ninja's kid blames DH for the situation. Scheduled hearing is 6/3. She has always has issues with utlities/mortgage pymts which in the past, DH paid off despite my objections that this was enabling her to party 24/7/365 & she gets child support for joint custody of twins although 1 boy refuses to go over there past 2 1/2 years b.c. he's turned off my her lifestyle and she hits him (or b.c. he prefers our house???). Whereas other twin wants to help Mom & loves her, or thought being a SM meant living w/ungrateful boys that would blame me for their biomom's demise. She's going to flip her lid over losing the child support if we get sole custody. Anyone been through this? Advise? She doesn't work so this was her sole means of income. :jawdrop: LOL

bjmoore17's picture

BioMom said she had to "work" on Memorial Day. Dad had tried calling for 3 days and nobody answers the phone. Finally on Memorial Day the oldest kid answers and says they are home alone because Mom had to work for a couple of hours. I don't know many people that go into work for a couple of hours. She is a clerk at a retail pharmacy chain. I don't even think they were open on Memorial Day. We think she was running around trying to find her fix, but we don't really know for sure.