You are here

Still trying to play the game but it's not working anymore - "can't touch us"

IAMGOOD's picture

SS is still making weak attempts at trying to play games with DH (his dad). Dad calls him at BM now that he has moved out and he acts so "happy happy". He has to now put on act that his CHOICE to move in with BM was a good one and that the past few years of "I want to live with mom" are paying off now. Eventually this will cycle out once the honeymoon is over. SS is undiagnosed manic but his mood swings show a pattern and it will cycle or swing. Really said how he has been taught to be so manipulative. BM is incredibly maniupulative. Two peas in a pod.

DH calls him and he is putting on quite the show. "I am so normal now" "everything is great" "I love it here". I like to believe that all his issues have disappeared. Maybe he didn't like
going back and forth. Maybe this way he can stay in his room all day and night and not be engaged in conversation. That was one of our biggest short comings as parents is that DH and I did not like him playing video games all the time. The counselor he saw for over a year set up a parenting plan but BM only lied and lied for him to cover what he wasn't doing at her house. So now he is THERE and engaged in video games. No expectations. Enjoy!!!

This will be a big lesson for him and maybe finally the blame won't be forced on US/ME! and his REAL ISSUES will be addressed when BM's life is affected. Me, the target of misdirected anger & hate and reason for all his issues in life. Kid has issues when he was two years old. Everyone could see his issues years ago. We forget often that kids of divorce often had issues that would have surfaced divorce or no divorce.

Regardless - Is has been peaceful now! Thank God. My husband and I are feeling happy again. HAPPY because we don't have the constant passive aggressive abuse going on in our home anymore. I don't have to worry about someone violating my personal space and belongings. Thank you!!!

Wooooooooooooooooo WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Disillusioned's picture

He may well end up hating it there and wanting to move back

My husband's eldest daughter did not get along with BM or her SO when I first met DH's kids

We saw DH's daughter's EOW and one night a week and everything seemed fine with us, but there were a lot of problems with DH's eldest and BM

About a week after DH and I moved in together all their problems apparently came to a head and BM moved DH's (then) 16 year old daughter in with us

I thought everything would be just fine too. I was actually excited that DH would have his daughter now living with us full time, when he always felt so much guilt about not seeing them every day

For the whole time DH's eldest came over EOW, and then for the first year she lived with us full-time, she would tell BM how totally awesome I was, BM told me once I "walked on water" where their eldest was concerned.

Well, year One was just fine but into year Two - total nightmare! Completely different person and way out of control. Hostile, jealous, resentful and extremely rude and disrespectful to me.

Eventually DH's eldest moved back in with BM but I think she learned a valuable lesson. Nothing was perfect in either house!

The reason BM moved their eldest in with us in the first place is because DH's eldest was creating all sorts of problems with BM's SO. After the first year of living with us had worn off and she could stop pretending to just LOVE it at dad and Disillusion's home, then she created the same drama for us, gave DH the same 'it's her or it's me' ultimatum....after 2+ years she moved back in with BM, leaving many lasting scars Sad

Your SS will probably learn the same valuable lessons, don't worry sweetie!

IAMGOOD's picture

thank you! I don't want him back!!! ha ha ha
Sounds terrible but just too long dealing with him - too painful and HIS GOAL was to cause disruption in our home on behalf of BM.
I want to live my life free of this negative soul as this young man is truly a negative negative soul. Always has been.