You are here

SICK AND TIRED of my POS SD11!!!!

NoNameThx's picture

My SD11 is a POS. There, I said it. I'm so sick of people using the excuse that "she's just a kid". No, she's a POS.

SD11 got in ALL KINDS of trouble at school this semester. Some of those things included:
1. While she ran something to the office for her teacher, on the way back, she SNUCK INTO the teacher's lounge, stole some pens and drank a soda from the fridge. (She DID get in trouble with DH for that, at least)
2. Her teacher had to email me MULTIPLE times about her bullying a girl, harrassing her, etc. DH said he "didn't believe SD11 would do that" (BS--I've SEEN her be overbearing and bully-like to neighborhood kids so there is NO telling what she's doing when out of sight!) SD11 response was that the girl "deserved it"
3. SD11 FORGED MY NAME on a discipline page, got in big trouble at school. Stupidly, she did it AGAIN a month later when she was supposed to get her report card signed.

Sadly, I told the school that I would fully support them suspending her or doing whatever is necessary. DH chewed me out for that.

At home, she waits til DH goes to work and she SCREAMS at me, CONSTANTLY, when she is asked to do ANYTHING. This morning she faked putting her deodorant on. I told her to go back and do it. She yelled "UHHHHHHHGGGG I ALREADY DID IT, LEAVE ME ALONE!!" like a toddler. DH said it was "normal" for her to do that and that I deserved it for "being too overbearing" (BS, I just don't treat her like a princess--I expect her to do what she's supposed to friggin do!).

Yesterday, I told her she had to put her laundry away. She just shoved it in one big wad under her bed. I pulled it out and told her "I don't think so. Fold, hang, and put all of this away." She whined and said "BUT I CAAAAAN'T! I HAVE ADHD AND IT'S JUST TO HAAAARD FOR ME!" (because DH lets her use that as an excuse. I told her thousands of other kids have ADHD and they manage to get their chores done. Well, she didn't like that. She screamed "I HATE YOU! YOU'RE TREATING ME LIKE A TODDLER! I WISH YOU'D JUST GO AWAY! I'M GONNA TELL MY DAAAAAADY ON YOU! YOU'LL BE IN SOOOOO MUCH TROUBLE!" then she proceeded to act like a maniac and threw stuff ALL OVER HER ROOM, punched the walls, kicked the doors, etc.

So, yesterday afternoon, called a mental health facility and made an appointment for her to start counseling. I CANNOT PUT UP WITH THIS CRAP ANYMORE FROM THIS SPOILED POS THAT GETS AWAY WITH EVERYTHING BECAUSE HER DADDY ALLOWS IT. It's NOT NORMAL for an 11 year old to lie and steal. It's NOT NORMAL for an 11 year old to refuse to wipe after going poop or use deodorant or brush teeth.

I really despise this child. Honestly, I've tried for years to love her but I'm tired of being verbally assaulted and screamed at by a freaking child.

SMof2Girls's picture

Sounds like the kid is a product of her parenting. If DH just sticks his head in the sand, how will the kid ever learn to do anything? Sounds like you are beyond your tipping point, but I think DH is more to blame for the product of his parenting than the kid is. Doesn't make it suck any less for you though .. sorry Sad

Jelly2's picture

OMG, we have the same SD, except mine is 12 now. Not wiping after the pooping-what gives with that? It's like they ENJOY being filthy. I quit washing my SD's clothes when she was 8 (I used stainless steel tongs to get them from her hamper to her washer) because she refused to put it away after I folded it. Boy, was I glad to not have to smell that SH*T anymore!!!!!!!!!! I always knew her nastiness would eventually make her sick-her mom just had to take her to the doctor for a vaginal infection. Gross. My SD also used to spend 7 minutes in the bathroom to shower-including getting undressed, drying off and getting dressed again. I'm pretty sure she was just getting in long enough to get her hair wet. She's 12 now and to this day, shed rather wipe with her underwear (eww) than refill the toilet paper. So disgusting. She has also gone a week at a time without brushing her teeth.
DH used to let SD get away with murder, but then I left him and when I came back, after some initial MAJOR difficulty with SD, he doesn't put up with her sh*t anymore.
LEMME GUESS, YOUR DH IS AFRAID THAT SD WILL LIVE WITH HER MOM FULL TIME AND HE WILL HAVE TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT, OR IF HE IS ALREADY PAYING, HE WILL HAVE TO PAY MORE? That and the fact that it was just easier for my DH to NOT DEAL with SD allowed things to get real bad.
Lots and lots of SM's feel just like you do-an intense dislike for our step children. Doesn't mean we are bad-usually means their parents aren't parenting. More or less I think most men are just bidding their time until the skids are 18 and out of the house. For us SM's it's not so easy-feels like an eternity. An impossible eternity.
I would have the school e-mail dh-it's not your problem that his kid is a trouble maker. Also, I found it helpful to keep the nasty SD's hamper in her room, as well as her trash can. We MAKE the SD12 (as well as BD13-who is by the way VERY clean) do her own laundry and take out her trash and the bathroom trash before leaving for her mother's house. I'll be damned if I'm messing with a trash can full of SD's period pads! Gross. I'd get your SD into the habit of being the one to touch her nasty clothes and trash cans now so she can be trained by the time she gets her period. That's a whole new world of ick!

NoNameThx's picture

I HAVE VIDEOTAPED HER. DH told me "well, I didn't see what you did to start it." WTF.

I despise her. We just had to go to the grocery store (just her and me, DH is at work). I let her look at the books and magazines while I shopped. She got pissed off about putting the cart away in the cart corral...a task she always does...she said "Do I HAVE to do it? It's hot and I always do it. YOU DO IT." I was so damn pissed off that I yelled "NO PRINCESS, I WILL NOT. GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT AND PUT THE CART AWAY."

I'm SICK OF IT

NoNameThx's picture

I mean she got to sit on her butt and read books while I shopped, and then was pissed about putting the damn cart away!

IslandGal's picture

YUP!!Agree with 'ripleyV2"!! Your DH is ALLOWING her to behave that way. He is allowing her to disrespect you and is more concerned with hurting her little fee fee's than that of you, his partner.

Disengage, woman - and do it now to save your sanity. Tell your DH to parent his own little hellion.

SugarSpice's picture

i just cant stand it when young children are given a free pass. children can be very devious and manipulative little liars.

i recall when one skid was about five and lied about hiding some of my property. i immediately knew who did it. dh, otoh, spent about ten minutes, much of it on hands and knees, in the bathroom, looking for the missing object. then dh turned to me and suggested i had misplaced the item! when it became clear the object was not in the room, only then did dh turn and confront the skid, who immediately fessed up and started crying. the skid hid my object as "punishment" for not letting him eat cookies before dinner.

summerlovin22396's picture

Your SD11 is a freak and her father allowing that behavior is borderline spousal abuse in my opinion. Put your seat belt on and hang on tight. You have another at least 7 years of this shit.