You are here

SD COMPLETLEY REDICULOUS!!!!!

startingover2010's picture

sd11 just shoves her clean clothes in her dresser drawers, flings clothes around her room, and by the time its laundry day, i am wasj=hing clothes that she never even wore that week. so bf tells her how she needs to put her clothes away:

1. socks, bras, and underwear go in top drawers.

2. pants, shorts, skirts get folded and put in drawers

3. shirts and dresses get hung up in closet

4. pj's go in their own drawer.

he tells her he will help her this one time. so sd goes to her room where she is 'waiting for daddy' to help her. i know she understands what needs to be done, but is using his generosity to her advantage.

it isnt a hard task. but she is acting stupid and not doing it until one of us yells at her. so i took her pc away for 2 days, basically for acting like a dumbass.

Freedom2005's picture

Yay for you by the way! Taking away a privilege for that behavior! That is EXACTLY what SD10 does. My 2 BD's put away their own clothes and I do not have to wash them UNTIL THEY ARE USED! I keep finding SD's jackets... as in cold weather jackets, in the wash... not just 1 but 3 or so. It is around 90 degrees here most days! Then it WAS cool outside one day and she came to me, about 2 minutes before her and BF were about to leave, wearing one of MY daughter's jackets asking if she could wear it. I said, NO that I just washed at least 2 jackets and had put them on her bed. She went to Daddy crying about it. BF asked me about it later, "why not let her" so I explained to him the issue. He said," I still don't understand, girls always wear each other's clothes" Ya know what, when 1 girl has more clothes than both of my girls together, I think she should wear her own stuff.

Anne Summers's picture

Here is my opinion on the matter...

My son is 11 and my SD is 8. Thus, if my kids can do it---I believe your SD can too.

Currently in our household, both kids are responsible for their own clothes. This includes placing them in their laundry baskets, placing them correctly in the washing machine, washing them (except for adding the "poison"), placing them in the dryer, taking them out of the dryer and finally hanging/putting the clothes in the appropriate places.

Even though things are sometimes not folded the way I do or hung completely to my standards. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and clothes tend to be hung in the closet according to sleeve/pant length and then by color. However, I realize that they are kids and are doing their best to abide by the chore rule for laundry. For the most part both of them do a good job about this chore.

I suggest you have your SD do her own laundry, thus if by laundry day she was a whole pile of clothes scattered about her room then she can was them all over again. Trust me, she will tire of this type of repetitive chore. Also, reward her when she does a good job---without complaining or help---such as something she would like. For example, if she likes cookies reward her with X amount of cookies.

Hope this helps you out.

Take care,
Anne

Sometimes you have to test the limits to show you're not a doormat.

Anne Summers's picture

I feel better to know that someone else hangs clothes like me. Smile

Take care,
Anne

Sometimes you have to test the limits to show you're not a doormat.

ReadySetNot's picture

I can see how that is annoying I have a soon to be SS and he is 8, I figure 8 is old enough to know how to clean your room and put all of your dirty laundry in the hamper inside of his bedroom, I have no problem with washing his cloths and drying them and folding them and then putting them on the stairs that go up to his room but I leave it up to him to put them away. SS BM seems to think this is to much for a 8yr. old.