You are here

Score one for the good guys!

colliebean72's picture

OK, I am proud of myself! Took a stand this past Sunday. We had my bf's son for the weekend, just like every weekend, but my bf had flag football practice Sunday at 11am and I know he wanted me to babysit his son so he could go to the practice and then come home and hang out more with son. But I made plans to go to my parents and hang with them and their new puppy, so surprise, you can drop son off now with BM. She's got every weekend free and we have zero time for ourselves every weekend, so I'll be damned if I'm watching her kid on my free time so she can do as she pleases. As it is she's not working now so she has all the free time she wants. It felt great not getting stuck!! I'm sick of always trying to be the good guy and still feel like I'm not that appreciated for it. So yey for me! It was nice having some me time on a Sunday afternoon!!

soverysad's picture

Good for you. Just the idea that you should babysit while the kid's mother has free time and his father plays football is ridiculous.

"A pessimist complains about the wind, an optimist counts on the wind changing, a realist adjusts his sails"