You are here

Popsicle Stick Advice

MamaBass's picture

Okay, so I went to a bridal shower this past weekend... haha yeah... and they had these cute popsicle sticks in a mason jar and we all wrote down cute date night ideas. Welllll.... after a couple glasses of wine, I grabbed a few more sticks and had some fun. Nothing mean... just dirty fun.
Then there were all these cute poems and stuff about marriage and love and all that crap.
So, I was thinking to my well-buzzed self, "Yeah, that's all cute, and then you get married!"
And nobody gives you a realistic stepmom poem!

So I wanted to post on here:

What would you write on a popsicle stick (HONESTLY) to give advice to a soon-to-be stepmom.

Let's see what you got ladies! Have some fun, and no holding back!

Smile

Evil stepmonster's picture

As long as you have a bit more orange juice in the vodka it can still be drank with breakfast

blayze's picture

- Feed and bang your husband often...not necessarily at the same time. Be his vixen and keep his belly full! Fulfill your wifely duties which makes it easier to point out when he's not fulfilling his husbandly (or fatherly!) duties. Smile

- Don't call yourself a "step-mom" unless/until the kids ASK if they can call you that... you are dad's WIFE. Your relationship with HIM matters most. Make sure everyone, including your man, is clear on that.

- Never let his kids move in full-time...unless he's an awesome father to them AND an awesome provider for your household. This is negated ONLY if BM drops dead. [*Tip: Don't wish BM dead...it could happen and you would be stuck! Grit your teeth and pray for that nasty tramp's health right now!]

ChiefGrownup's picture

1. You're not "overstepping." you're keeping your personal boundaries.

2. Keep your romance alive and thriving. If that dies, it's all pure hell. So don't let it die.

3. Buy a house together if at all possible and set your own house rules for the new house. Avoid moving in to his house if you can.

is it just me...'s picture

Make a list of the most important people in your life. If your stepkid(s) aren't on it you'd better accept a long hard road ahead.

Do you want SK's BM to be a part of your life forever? You're marrying her too, like it or not...