You are here

O/T Legal ?

purpledaisies's picture

Dh got a ticket for fictitious tags, Now they went but this officer has in the past given him tickets that are bogus and have always been dismissed. Ok so he went to court and as usually dismissed. Well dh got pulled over and was arrested for failure to appear. My ? is what can he do about it now? We went to the court house and the lady said that she had no proof he was there, what do you mean no proof? This is a small town and they do not sign in for court or take their tickets the judge just hollers your name. What can we do about this how can we prove he was there? Need help please. Thanks

purpledaisies's picture

Um I'll have to ask if they have one. Remember this is a small town and I know there is not one in the parking lot as there isn't one. The court room/police station is on the square and the paring is the square. a total of about 3 spaces in front of the building.

jojo68's picture

Oh wow...I use to live in a small town and get a ticket that was dismissed, if memory serves correctly, they had a sheet that they called everyone up by and the judge wrote down the plea or if it was dismissed or not on it...check with the presiding judge and see....but that is crazy!!!!!!!

purpledaisies's picture

Yep i know only thing is the judge wrote him as not there, dh talked to the judge and the proc. attorney. The proc. attorney is the one that supposed to give the clerk the paper work and she said he didn't. See this is judge is very unprofessional, I have seen him make people go get more money if he thinks they don;t have enough with them. Only thing is most people don;t have any more money than they brought! Plus he is just a mean judge even the officer that picked my dh up told him the same thing (different town when he was picked up). I don;t know how to protect him, he did the right thing and he is never in trouble even the officer that booked him in said the same thing that he is clean and he knows he isn't BSing him and said that this town is known for this crap.