You are here

Just a thank you...

Tx mommy of 3's picture

So we're on day 8 of 17 with SS12. DH has been off this week (yea!) but foes back to work Monday. DH has felt the need to 'entertain' SS all week. Let's see...he's taken the kids 'fishing' in 100 degree weather 3x, been mall walking 2x, swimming once and that's just so far.... He's also been staying up late with him watching tv all night and both crash in the livingroom. DH is exhausted!! I keel telling him he doesn't have to keep SS busy but you know how it is. Anyway, now DH is frustrated. Not once has SS said thank you to him. I don't know why this is such a sore subject with him but he just can't stand when SS doesn't say thanks. DH's plans have been whatever SS has wanted to do (that doesn't cost) and yet no thanks, no hug, nothing. Now I know not every kid thanks their parents for EVERY little thing. But our Biokids are pretty good about it. If we take them somewhere they want out if the blue most of the time they do thank us. (bios are 3 and 5) Anyway, is it too much to aak for a thankyou?

glynne's picture

Certainly not too much

But it's not inherent in kids today. They need to be taught. Maybe DH should tell SS that. Something like, "you know, Son, I've really had a good time with you this week but I'm not sure that you are enjoying yourself. Dear Old Dad here would love to hear a thank you or Gee Dad - this is fun or something."

And he should say it before he gets too angry. Wink

Tx mommy of 3's picture

I don't k ow hy it bugs DH so much. I think because we DO teach our kids to appreciate things. If we take them somewhere they want (ex chuck e cheese) just because, they DO tell us thank you. If we go clothes shopping for them, I tell them to thank daddy and they do. If DH makes an ice cream run because the kids asked for an ice cream and have een good, then they say thanks on their own. DD5 is really good about it. DS3 is learning. And he may not say thanks, but he'll say we're 'the best mommy and daddy ever!' If theywant to go to this one park they enjoy and we haven't been in a while so we take them out of the blue, they thank us. Plus it's more about SS attitude. Oh, and at dinner i asked both boys, "did you tell daddy thanks for taking you fishing today?" of course BS said yes. SS mumbled 'thanks' under his breath. And really I only asked 'them' because DH wanted me to. So even then it's like he's not appreciative. And he really never has been so I don't know why DH expects things to be different now.