You are here

How involved are/were you in helping DH go through the custody battle?

newmommy05's picture

BM has told DH to keep SS at our house for at least 1 year (we live 9 hours away).She currently has full legal and physical custody, but because she is going through 2 court battles of her own involved her ex-H and their child together, she said it's best if he stays with us. That's fine with me. For the most part I like having SS here. It's completely frustrating but DH is more into doing family stuff when SS is here so it's worth it. Anyways, to put SS into school here, we have to at least get some sort of temporary custody. BM is flat out refusing to go through the courts again and wants to settle it out of court. I don't know why she cares anyways, she gets free legal help. But I have helped DH contact the school board and find out stuff about how to register him and all that. I honestly don't know if DH will get everything done in time for school. I go through periods where I want to help him, and other times, I'm thinking "screw it" he's not my kid and DH doesn't seem to care that much. So I'm just wondering how involved you are in helping your DH/SO go through the custody battle....