You are here

Hope I don't become a Step-Grandpa this weekend!

paul_in_utah's picture

Good afternoon folks,

It's been a long time since I have posted, but I haven't really had the need to post since SD17 moved in with her father. However, the peace that I have been enjoying may be shattered this weekend: SD17 is going to prom.

DW is in denial about the liklihood that SD17 is sexually active. Although we have never caught her in the act, we did catch her sneaking out to meet boys as early as age 12. She also was smoking pot and hanging out with the wrong crowd until she was sent to live with her father, so all of the signs are there. Nonetheless, DW still thinks "SD17 wouldn't do that." I hope she's right, but I am pretty confident that SD17 has already gotten to "know" her date in the biblical sense. If she is doing this, I certainly hope that the guy is responsible enough to bring a condom, because SD17 would never think of it.

Fingers crossed.....

bi's picture

my dumb ass sd19 recently decided with her apparently equally stupid bf that getting pregnant would be an awesome idea. those 2 morons couldn't handle taking care of a cat! but now they're having a baby. any bets on how long their "one in a million, no one else could ever have one like it" relationship lasts after the kid gets here and real life sets in?

Helena.Handbasket's picture

Nice to hear from you! Here's to having it rain condoms that night!

BTW, I'd never label myself as grand anything to skids kids. If er when it happens, it will have nothing to do with me.

bi's picture

my thoughts exactly. and after 7 years of being a total bitch to me, sd19 still doesn't understand why i'm not doing backflips for her. :O

bi's picture

they got a cat and got rid of him a few weeks later because...he wouldn't sleep at night. but they're ready for a baby. yeah....

blendedblissnot's picture

Oh gosh, good luck!! BM was a teen mom-as was my dh of course.

Here's her current idea of raising an 11yr old-she has a boy she likes. She allows her privacy on FB and phone, no mom doesnt not have passwords. She does not monitor the use. Her 'status' says in a relationship-at 11.

The mom and the boys mom openly encourage them to spend as much time as possible together, sd's fb will say 'going skating with bf' going to amusement park with bf-going to bfs house. The parents on both side encourage this bf/gf thing and bring them to eachothers homes, on outings, etc. Never in a million years!

A cpl wknds ago sd asked dh to spend the night at a friends, of course wanted to go skating-to be with bf. He said yes-next day she wanted to go skating again-stupid dh thinks it's because she's so active and wants to be with her friends. NOPE her 'bf' is at all these outings. I refrain from saying much because heck that's less time I have to deal with her. But if it comes up again this weekend about her making all these plans-that ALL include time with 'bf'-I will tell him what I know, that hey on FB she makes comments all day about spending time with him, the parents encourage this and IMO they are allowing them to date and see eachother like a 16-17 yr old would-at least HE can put a stop to it on HIS time. I would. I would not be surprised if she ends up knocked up by 15-16.

Purple hope's picture

We recently learned that FDH daughter(18) is expecting....I try to block it out. I just know if she ever moves in here....she can have my room...cause I will be GONE. He says it's not gonna affect our lives much, but....how can it not? UGH...can't even think about it....makes me sick...I didn't sign up for this part..at all.

My suggestion is to get em on the pill...the minute you even Think there's a chance they are having sex. It's the only thing that prevented us from dealing with this sooner.

bi's picture

i told fdh when sd was 14 that he should talk to bm about getting her on the pill. unfortunately, at 19 she has decided that she is all grown up and knows everything there is to know and is ready for a baby. she stopped taking her pills and faked a pregnancy "scare" every month until it happened. i had a baby at 17, but i was more ready to be a parent at freaking 12 then sd will be at 40! this is just a disaster waiting to happen...

hippiegirl's picture

Helena..I don't refer to myself as grand anything to skids kids, either. Never have.
Paul....don't let her move back in if she does get knocked up. Not your problem.

Disneyfan's picture

WOW