You are here

Here's a little something for all of us on here!

stired_crazy's picture

I climbed into a box one day and pulled the lid down tight, It was all so lonely there without a bit of light,
I thought about the hurts I felt from angry words that day, The reason why I found this place to hide myself away.

There was no one to comfort me,
No one to hold my hand,
No one to tell my trouble so they would understand.

I sat alone there in that box and let the tears flow free, For no one even cared enough to come and look for me.

I huddled there to nurse my wounds and wish they'd go away, but from what I felt within myself they'd be there to stay.

I could not calm my troubled heart no matter how I tried, It surely be best of all if I just stayed here and died.

And then I heard a still calm voice speak softly in my ear,
“You’re not alone my child for I am also here, I'll lift this lid of heaviness and set your spirit free if you'll take what’s troubling you and give it all to me".

I felt Gods presence all around...
I knew he really would.. erase those hurts and give me peace he's the only one who could.

I reached up towards that lid....
I felt the weight just move away,
From the darkness I looked out to the brilliance of that day.

God saw me when I climbed inside and shut myself in tight, He had to let me weep a bit before he set things right,
" But" he did not leave me in that box all filled with fear and doubt...
For he knew how to lift that lid and take me safely out!

beckilou's picture

I really needed this today...Life is way to short, Give love that was never given to you and always laugh out loud( it just feels better)!!!!!!Beckilou

stired_crazy's picture

You are so welcome, I have my many days to, And its hard sometimes for everyone when we just feel so overwhelmed, Like no solutions or even anything to rationalize on, We find ourselfs sometimes bargenning with our selfs and not with our team players in our life, because we tend to feel that we are the only ones feeling it and feeling so misunderstood, Not appreciated for what we as people try to do for the people in our lives.

Its true, we dont always get what we think we deserve, and life isn't always fair... I guess its just life happening!

didddos's picture

Last night I prayed that God would somehow show me that He was with me, that I was not alone, that he would be there, help me, and love me through all of these hard situations I'm facing.

Through you, I know he did. Thank you.

Now I need to ask him if He will tell me which direction we need to take with ss.... Do you let a child go, knowing that he is causing irrevocable harm to his future? Do you step in and try to help him by doing what you know is right, even though he'll hate you for it, you've failed every other time, and you'd be putting your family on the line?

holeekrap789's picture

Thank you for this beautiful poem at a time when I really need to be reminded of my faith.
I have found my self in these situations with these emotions way too often and usually it's something like this that makes lfe bright again.
This time it was this poem...thanks again and God bless
Lisa Dawn