You are here

Can I make them disappear?

steppinout's picture

I pretty much just read messages on here. It is wonderful to know there are other women out there that I can relate to. I don't personally know any other stepmoms. Everyone I know is married with kids, and as a stepmom with no kids of my own, I feel pretty angry and resentful about my situation some days. I have 2 stepsons, 7 and 10. I used to get along with them pretty well, but ever since I married my DH, a little over a year ago, I find my self disliking them more and more. They whine constantly, cannot let their dad out of their site, and are completely helpless. They cannot even brush their own teeth without DH standing in the bathroom supervising. I think he still brushes the 7-year-old's teeth for him. Also, I think ss 7 is evil. He is very manipulative, to the point it is scary, and he will hurt my 4 year old nephew anytime he is alone with him and gets the chance. The last episode ended with my nephew in the emergency room.

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas about things I could do to make them not come over every other weekend. Just for fun. I wont actually try to stop them from coming or make them miserable here. I just enjoy fantasizing about it every now and then. I'm looking for fun, creative ideas to make their lives miserable. }:) I think if I broke the Wii that might be all it would take for ss 10. Its like every other weekend our house turns into the circus and we kill ourselves trying to make these miserable, entitled, wussy boys happy---not that they are ever actually happy with anything we do or the least bit appreciative. I think I am just going through my eow dread.

joanie's picture

broken tv. no wifi/cable/internet.

no junk food in the house.

nothing but books to read and fresh veggies and fruit to eat. I'd even throw out the sugar.

but turning off the electronic entertainment...that is almost enough on its own right? haha

beyond pissed-off's picture

Clear the house of junk food - good for our own waistlines if nothing else! Fresh veggies, cheese and crackers and yogurt for all.

Hide the remote controls to the TV, Wii and change all computers to your administrative control. (SS16 insists that the computer at BM's house is HIS and BM backed down - he is the sole administrator and she has no access at all. WOW!)

Mandatory cleaning sprees and yard work.

Lights out at an age appropriate time.

No movies, hanging out with friends or bike rides around the neighborhood unsupervised.

Phones, iPods and all other electronics gone.

Either they will shape up or ship out. At this point, either works for me!

steppinout's picture

Do they live with you full time? Do you have bios? How do you cope? I am really at the end of my rope here. I left and have been staying with my parents. I just needed a break and I don't think DH understands at all what I am going through.

liks's picture

Guys Im here too....

skids were ok until just before we married....

ss16 and ss12 act like juvenile delingquents

I got rid of the cable....yesssss,

Then I got rid of all them disgusting DVD's that sat underneath the TV - nothing that my husband and I wanted to watch.
Then I cooked wholesome meals and made sure my DH knew how much trouble I was going to...so when he saw his grizzling 2 boys turn up their noses and not eat it....he got mad
I have no cokes in the house....my kids are never allowed them
No sweets
no donuts
no hot dogs
nothing but fruit veges etc....

anyway lately I dont cook for the little buggers...as they dont eat my food....told the DH Im sick to death of them...that its not exactly their fault but their psycho mother who continue to manipulate them to manipulate us....

I have demanded that my DH stop paying their cell phone bill...900 bucks for one month..thanks to the little shits....

and thanks to their revolting mother, they dont come round here any longer cos im such a bitch apparently....

She even went on to say to DH that I was horrible, drank in front of them, yelled at them etc...

woteva...

(not even their grandparents like them....) too much of their psycho mother in them...