You are here

BM chopped off all the skids' hair

SMof2Girls's picture

DH got a text picture of SD5 and SD6 with their new haircuts. BM had their cut to just below their ears .. exactly like hers.

LOL .. I'm glad it's short .. it's SOOOO much easier to deal with than the tangled masses.

I guess she wanted her kids to look more like her, but they are exact mini replicas of DH. No hair cut will change that. SD6 actually looks MORE like DH now that her face is framed a little more!

The other funny part is that DH has been wanting to cut their hair for ages and BM has insisted they keep it long. He takes them for trims, but nothing drastic. BM even told the skids to make sure DH didn't cut their hair when they were here 2 weeks ago. LOL .. can you say control freak?

Anon2009's picture

Hair cuts always seem to be a big debate among people on this site Smile

BM sounds like an a$$hole in so many other ways but it does sound like she is on top of making sure their haircuts. It might be best to leave that to her, even if the haircuts aren't ones DH agrees with, but you know BM better than I do.

SMof2Girls's picture

She has REFUSED to cut their hair at all since they moved to Texas in August 2012. She insisted on growing out their hair and bangs to be down to their butts because "little girls are so cute with long hair". Admittedly, they do have this fantastic golden blonde hair and it is really nice .. but it's IMPOSSIBLE to keep tamed on a 5yo and 6yo for more than an hour.

They're getting to the ages where they need to start really learning to take care of their own hygiene and hair brushing. SD6 (almost 7) can do just about everything on her own, except brush her hair because it was so long and thick and impossible to comb through by herself.

Like I said, I'm GLAD she had it cut and that this won't be an issue anymore. Her timing is suspect (we're flying down tomorrow night to spend Easter weekend with the skids), but her scheme to piss DH off is busted Blum 3

misSTEP's picture

Our BM cut the SD's hair short and dyed it...when she was like 10. I believe that it is because I had just bought her a big set of hair things for a girl with long hair for Xmas and her dad had commented how he liked her hair and the color...

Sickening to me. To this day, SD dyes her hair so much that her once healthy, silky hair is like straw now.

SMof2Girls's picture

:jawdrop:

I'm glad she cut it .. it makes our lives so much easier! But if BM were to dye the skids' hair .. DH would certainly lose it.

It's sad that BMs do those types of things .. cutting and dying hair just to piss off your ex .. whatever happened to the kids' best interest?

SMof2Girls's picture

It's so ridiculous to me! Just ridiculous.

I remember having hair to my butt when I was a kid and I HATED it. I hated having it brushed or brushing it myself. It was always a tangled mess minutes after my mom combed through it.

I've been itching to chop off the skids' hair for ages .. but that wasn't a war we wanted to start.

step off already's picture

This is a funny topic to me. Our BM has been absent for 7 years, but back in the picture for the last year. SS is 13 and had the justin bieber hair do - which she hated. He would let me trim it up occasionally (way back when I did hair professionally so I got some skills Smile )

Anyway, BM sees SS13 EOWe and has been prepping him that she wanted to cut his hair for HER birthday. So he agreed and she got him a super-super short fade. She now cuts his hair during EVERY visit and is is ridiculously short.

This is the only thing she has control over so she flexes her power here. We're just happy that it is one less thing for us to worry about and it's nice to see her spend some money on the kid.

SMof2Girls's picture

Yeah we had the same problem. The girls HATED getting their hair brushed. They would cry and scream and whine the ENTIRE time .. and with all the wiggling, flinching, dramatics, etc .. it took forever to get it done. BM tried to claim we only had that problem because I'm not their mother and only a real mother can handle her daughter's hair :sick:

It gets to the point that I KEEP it in a braid .. it only comes out of a braid to shower/bathe and then right back into one. But what's the point in having this long, beautiful hair when it's tied back and braided all the time?

Chop it off, I say!!

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

Eh...hair's hair. I've never seen it as an issue. I have a son and the skids are boys though. I'm sure there would be more issues if one was a girl.

SMof2Girls's picture

If it can be made into an issue .. BM will make it into an issue. I don't see the huge deal with chopping the hair short .. BM was always the one insisting it stay long.

I guess she changed her mind after having to actually deal with it for an extended period of time on her own.