You are here

Another redundant post about FB!

abugandabean's picture

Sorry everyone I know that FB is a frequent issue here. I will try to keep this brief. I have a photo as my cover page of my children, my FDH, and my YSD at an amusement park. I am holding my DD and FDH is holding SD. BM is freaking out because she says she doesn't want her on social media and she says she doesn't have photos of YSD on social media. Well she does, her page is littered with photos of YSD (as is her right obviously), but her friends, her mom, her sister, etc all have photos of YSD up. Quite clearly this is directed at me which is how she works. She has demanded to FDH that I take them down or she will pursue legal action.

I told FDH that I would take it down when I judge tells me to. I refuse to let her bully me or try to dictate my life.

BM is VERY VERY high conflict. I know this is sort of immature on my part but if she would have came to FDH and said "hey I saw her photo I'd prefer if she didn't have YSD on her page can we discuss that?" I'd be much more respectful and understanding but she sent him over 20 texts demanding that I take them down that she is her mother and I have no right. Well YSD's Father thinks it is a wonderful photo of OUR family. She's just vindictive and jealous.

Question is though should I just take it down to avoid the drama? Something else will come around the corner I am sure ASAP but I'm tired of living my life how she dictates directly or indirectly.

Accordn2L's picture

I wouldn't take it down! It's your FB page and guess what? If she doesn't like it then tell her to stop stalking you.

abugandabean's picture

She claims she heard it from somebody but she is definitely stalking me from a page she must have created that I haven't discovered yet. My privacy settings are lock tight. I don't have anyone on my friends list that I do not personally know.

zerostepdrama's picture

BLOCK her and all of her relatives. Anybody that is remotely even related to her. Then she can't even see that you have a FB page. That will SOLVE the problem...

But in the event that you choose not to do that, then I wouldnt take it down. Would she really spend the money to take you to court over this?

abugandabean's picture

I have her and all of her "known" associates blocked. The problem is she I think has created another dummy page that she can still search for me and see the normal stuff that can be seen on a private page.

abugandabean's picture

Already done Sally! Lol that was the first thing I did. And yeah my YSD and my DD and DS get along great however they are too young to know any better. Who knows what the future may bring. BM would like to see my head on a spike though so once she is old enough to listen to her mothers embellished tales of me I am sure that will all change.

moeilijk's picture

I know this is your real life, so I'm sorry for my high-school reaction. I wouldn't take it down, I would edit it. Open the pic in Paint and give YSD squiggly blue hair and devil horns. Then put it back up.

I think if someone without an FB account or someone logged out of their FB will still see your cover and profile photo, even if you're locked down.

abugandabean's picture

Bahahah! I considered just blurring out her face just to make a point but I don't want my family and friends on Facebook to question it and then bring on more unnecessary drama.

Willow2010's picture

No way would I take it down. If you can...try to get screen shots of your SD on the BM's FB and others who have SD on their FB. Just incase.

Unfreakingreal's picture

Fuck that dumb biatch. Do not let her dictate what you do or don't do on your own FB. The nerve!

Aniki-Moderator's picture

You should be able to change your settings where only friends can see your pics. So if BM has created a dummy account to view your page, she would not be able to access the albums and pics.

Bio-Step-Mom's picture

Since Bio-dad is okay with it...that's all that matters.

I would say though, if SD literally was not on social media, then it is wrong for you to put her on socialmedia. But obviously this isn't the case.

abugandabean's picture

I just went thru her page, her moms page, and her sisters page and have 8 pages of screen shots and that didn't even make it past this year so only the past 6 months. She even has pictures of HIS kids with his ex wife (BM1) on there AND pictures of him and her still on there. So really at this point she doesn't have a leg to stand on. SHe can't complain when I have pictures of my step daughter on my facebook page when she still has pictures of FDH's kids with his ex wife (BM1) and pictures of them together.

Trashy trash trash...welcome to high school folks!!!

IAMGOOD's picture

I won't even have a friend on my friend list that is a friend of BM. I want no connections whatsoever.

You can't control what people post on their own page. So BM has to deal. Clean photos are good.

I hate facebook.

abugandabean's picture

I have her blocked. I know that cover photos/and profile pics are public. All she has to do is google my name and facebook and it will pop up even if I have her blocked and she can see my profile pic and cover pic. She'll get over it! I mean, in reality, she won't actually get over it so she'll probably take me to court over it. I have a no contact against her though so that should get interesting. She is claiming that she has legal grounds to force me to take it down. I feel bad for family court judges in these situations. What a waste of time for them.