You are here

Left because of her and son relationship

Jq's picture

So I just left my GF of 2 1/2 years because of the toxic relationship she has with her son. She was divorced and a single mom for 10 years before she and I started dating. I know the struggles of single parenthood as well and how difficult it is. It's something that add attraction to her for me. Plus she and I were smitten in high school, we were both just too young to know and act on our feelings. In addition to that, before either of us were born our grandparents and parents were neighbors. Unknowing to us at the time. Fast forward 20 ish some odd years later and we pick back up. You've all heard it before, at first it was great. Of course it was, we'd talk on the phone for hours. At the time I lived about 200 miles away and she lived in the area where we both grew up. Her family and mine are there. During our talks I could hear them in the background, getting things done for the evening to be ready for work and school the next day. She could also hear my daughter's in the background as well. 

GrudgingSM's picture

It seems like your post got cut off halfway through your story. Did you want to share more?

NoWireCoatHangarsEVER's picture

and we'd be correct.  Through in some permissive parenting and divorce guilt.  Add some weak boundaries.  Huge dose of child centric home.  Whammo.