You are here

Desperate for Advice

newlywed7's picture

I just came across this site, and I'm hoping for some advice. I am recently married and love my husband dearly. He is an amazing man. He has 2 biological children, I have one biological daughter, and we have one baby together. I love them all and we get along great. The issue is his second ex-wife and a boy that they adopted.

The boy - I don't like him. I know that makes me sound like a horrible person, but I don't like him. I don't like the way he talks, the way he walks, the way he acts. God knows I've tried. I've begged God to make me love him. But I just don't.

The EX - She tells my husband that I am jealous of her, and insecure, and who knows what else. My husband tells her to leave me out of things and I just don't say anything because I don't want to get involved in her crazy drama. But, now she is telling my husband that they need to talk and that he shouldn't tell me. That made me mad. Telling a married man to hide things from his wife is crossing the line.

So...anyone know how I can learn to tolerate the boy and make the EX leave us alone? I'd appreciate any advice or help. I love my husband and I don't want this to come between us.

Thank you.

newlywed7's picture

Thanks for the advice. She is very manipulative. If she doesn't get her way she threatens that she make our lives a living hell. Her favorite comment is "the gloves will come off". I'm just so tired of her trying to control us. They have resorted to texting so he can't really hang up on her.

Great advice about the boy. If I treat him like a "guest" maybe a friend of my kids, that might just help me get through it.