You are here

Sometimes you just have to laugh! (sorry a little long)Crazy HCBM

RisingtheWave80's picture

I am glad I am getting to the point where my initial reaction to BM is laughing and thinking "why is she so crazy" We have been making strides with my SD, after a year of alienation and she has been properly DX'd, medicated, and in therapy school we have seen a 180 with her. Is she perfect, no way but what 14 year old is but the improvement is HUGE.

So Saturday SD came with me to a family baby shower and it finally gave us some one-on-one time. She and I were always fairly close (I consider myself lucky) except during the alienation period where I was called everything in the book. But she is a kid and I forgive her. I got to tell her how proud I am of her and the strides she has made the last year, she talked to me for awhile saying she would spend nights but worried about getting to school, I mentioned the therapy school stated they would bus from our house last year so that is still an option. All GOOD!

She had planned to come to our house last night for dinner, saying she would be later due to plans with a friend, okay we get it she is a teenager and friends are MUCH more important than us boring adults.

So.... BM sends a stand along text mid-day yesterday saying "Sofi lied to you about having plans with a friend, she had plans with me today and didn't want to tell you this was why she would come over after 5." Okay it's not a big deal but why did she have to send this message? Trying to prove she is somehow the more popular parent, because she goes shopping and buys her everything.

Then around 4:30 the TEXT began. From BM stating that "SD is not really feeling up to coming over tonight, she is tired and she doesn't want to hurt your feelings, so you have plans with her on the 18th, she and I are busy next weekend so she will see you then"

So DH follows up with SD, with a simple "So your mom says you are not feeling like coming over tonight and you have plans next weekend, would you want to come over sometimes during the week?"

2 minutes later BM test him saying "I am in the car with her and I saw that you messaged her, why are you putting pressure on her, you need to respect her feelings and she doesn't want to upset you she is sitting here asking me how to respond to you why do you have to create all this drama, why cannot you just leave it alone"

*As a side not since the alienation, BM has started the process to make modifications to child support by trying to prove that she is the "sole parent" So she has something to lose here, money. We were 50/50 and no one paid CS but DH has paid anything and everything she has asked in the last year, PLUS. Lots of money has went to his daughter, he is not a deadbeat. She cannot risk her daughter wanting to be with us more. Because that is money, also BM makes 120k a year (I saw her financials) and cried poverty.

Anyways DH Sends her back a message stating "based on your text it appears you are trying to create something that doesn't exist, please stop"

She responds that "SD feelings matter, they are important and you are not taking her seriously":

Followed by a text from SD "I would love to come over wither Tuesday or Wednesday, and I still want to come over next Sunday"

This morning a text from BM " SD shared with me that she would like to see you this week, just let me know when"

WTH! I mean I cannot make this crazy up, she is becoming more unnhinged the closer she is to losing all control 

tog redux's picture

FYI -  you left her name in there.

DH should ignore BM and communicate only with SD about these issues. If there is no set schedule, and she's allowing SD to make her own decisions, then fine - but BM doesn't get to be the gatekeeper.  So he can text SD and ignore BM.  SD needs to learn to stand up for her own interests with BM.

BM here tried gatekeeping when SS returned from alienation at 18, and DH just ignored the hell out of her and only responded to SS. She doesn't try anymore.

Indigogo's picture

We have similar issues with my husband's ex. I'm intrigued that you say you've had a year of alienation and SD not staying the night but now it's getting better. We've had 2.5 year of SD1 (11) not staying the night (won't stay with friends even) and 1 year of SD2 (12) not staying the night (she'll stay with friends but just won't stay with her father). How did you go about easing/improving the alienation? 

Rags's picture

"Not staying the night"?  Why is this their choice?  

Daddy needs to put his foot down and smack BM with a contempt motion every time she interferes in his COd visitation.  Kids get no say in whether they stay or not.

smh

Well the courts here dont enforce CO visiations with teenagers, filing contempt just adds fuel to the fire with a narcissitic BM, its almost like she thrives on all the attention, and will just go in front of the judge and cry and play victim. I am awaiting karma to have its way sooner or later. 

She is still not staying the night, she only comes over for a couple hours at max right now. SD has been in Therapy school for this school year and I give that a lot of the credit, she has therapy DAILY and still sees a therapist outside of her school. I think they have pushed through some of the alienation attempts BM keeps making, I think the school and therapist see what is happening and have been working with her. 

Momof6WI's picture

BM seems to be putting her daughter in the middle, hopefully dad can communicate with his daughter about it and BM can for the most part stay out of it. 

Rags's picture

Save every text and beat the snot out of her with them in court.

Too had there is not an eternal open hunting season on manipulative PASing POS people like this BM.

strugglingSM's picture

Do we have the same BM? In my case, BM is always contacting DH telling him how sad SSs are about X, Y, Z. When DH asks them about whatever it is BM mentioned, they look at him like 'huh?". 

For example, DH was recently ill. BM told him multiple times how "worried" SSs were about DH. DH contacted them to reassure them and they weren't concerned at all. 

BM also loves to tell DH all the time about how SSs don't want to come to our house and it makes them so sad that they have to...she even claimed they were "traumatized" at the thought of coming to our home. DH goes to counseling with one - at BM's insistence, because according to her, SS is "in crisis". DH tells SS that he would like to see him, but he won't force him to come to our home. SS says, "no, Dad, i want to come to your house." He later reiterates again that if either SS doesn't want to come to our home anymore, he won't force them. They both say, "no, Dad, we want to see you." After the counseling session, BM sends DH a message, "SS told me what you said to the counselor...you lied! I never tried to keep him from you." Um, okay, crazy, just go off and hang out with yourself and leave us alone. 

I want to laugh at her ridiculousness, but it's so insane that really I just want to scream!

BM loves to use the words "Drama" and "She is afaid of you" and "don't pressure her" 

YEAH NONE OF THAT IS TRUE! I think SD is getting faily sick of her own mothers bs