You are here

Almost laughed out loud.

Newimprvmodel's picture

Out for breakfast this morning with DH. At our favorite spot outside actually. DH gets the ding of a text. And picks up his phone and then goes to take my picture. I tell him to stop. I know it is his daughter and usually he feels the need to take pics to make her even more present. Ugh!!!  
Conversation continues.  Discussing overseas trips for next year and he says. Oh I told blankety blank your plans and she would love to come.  I told her she needs to speak to the boss. Chuckle chuckle. 
OMG. I almost burst out laughing or screaming. Lol. I checked myself and jokingly said no kids. 

lately her online/phone presence is annoying me more than usual. I guess she is always lurking in the background. Wherever we go. And it is her lack of participation that really stands out. I try to ignore but again wherever we go she calls or he calls her and sends pics of me or where we are at. 

SeeYouNever's picture

It's annoying when someone isn't present with you because they're more interested in someone or something on their phone. It's also sad that he's so excited about the tiny bit of digital attention he's getting.

shamds's picture

Messaging him. All hubby does is have his WhatsApp profile pic is always a pic of our kids and sd's know hubby has a better stronger relationship with our 2 kids so they try to guilt hubby for that. 

skids don't come on overseas visit to my country except ss when we got engaged as he was 15 and hubby had sole custody as bio mum abandoned him. Since then visits to my country sd's have never been invited and certainly hubby wouldn't allow them to invite themselves over to my country as he's made it clear that they chose to destroy a relationship with us and he wasn't gonna destroy our family time for their holiday

Rags's picture

DH to the Skids:  Yes, I am closer to your younger siblings because their mother is not toxic like my XW is and my young kids are not following a toxic example and path as you are with your mother.

It is just the truth. DH needs to present it and keep their noses rubbed in it until they either go away completely or ... change.

shamds's picture

Sugarcoat things. Only exception is when hubby is forced to handle things with eldest sd or ss. 

i called him out when he allowed his eldest daughter to guilt him for marrying me and having 2 kids with me and not calling her out on this bullshit hypocrisy when biomum was cheating and married her affair guy days after divorce papers were received.

somehow that marriage in secret whilst skids were in school is totally fine. Yet daddy marrying 5.5 yrs post divorce and having 2 kids whilst you've cut off contact is not ok.

nobody called them out on they brought this on themselves by ending contact so can't act surprised hurt and offended if hubby moved on with his life. They brought it upon themselves. By hubby sugarcoating things, he made me the bad guy. 

i told him i refuse and will not tolerate being made the bad guy for some toxic dysfunction and he needs to handle things. He only started early 2020 addressing the disrespect with sd.

but he still falls into the same lets start a blank slate with sds. I'm sorry but no!! Nothing has changed, they have not apologised to me of their own accord without daddy demanding it, in fact sd just apologised to her dad if she did anything wrong (which means she doesn't believe she did anything wrong so daddy needs to shut up about it), their behaviour has not changed. The fact they feel lonely that they have no family who wants to actively be around them is not my problem, they brought this upon themselves.

youngest sd i always got the vibe she knew eldest sd was controlling her like a mini me of biomum but she was too afraid to voice anything for fear of repercussions so she goes along with her eldest sister's behaviour.

i just don't want my weekends and holidays ruined by sd's. Hubby did make it clear that they needed to self reflect that they brought this upon themselves and that going forward, it wasn't fair for hubby to force us to suck it up their intolerable behaviour and disrespect.

the only person who started makigg by an effort is ss24.5, our kids wanted to buy him a birthday cake for his 24th and sad thing is bio mum never messaged or saw him for his birthday, sd's didn't even. Yet exwife the hypocrite was bragging to my sil how i love her kids like my own. 

bitch you don't even want your kids and abandoned them. Don't start comparing me to yourself. If sd's are shitty of the bad relationship they have with others, take it out on bio mum for the messed up relationship but don't get shitty at me, our kids or your dad for it. Its not my fault i'm a better wife and mum compared to exwife. For starters, i'm not batshit crazy, or a narcissistic hcgubm toxic ahole.

our home rule is a toxicfree harmonious home environment. If you can't comply or contribute to that, then you aren't welcome or belong there. Take your toxic ahole crap elsewhere. We're getting to a point soon going forwards that only ss will be flying overseas to Australia for holidays and not sd's

Rags's picture

SS is earning membership in the actual family.

The SDs..... stupid actions win stupid prizes. Or more accurately, does not earn membership.

Unconditional love does not mean unconditional continuous tolerance of crappy behavioral choices.

Maintain the purge!!!!!!