You are here

Can't even go on a vacation

Losingit321's picture

So the DH made arrangements for us to go to Cape Cod for my bd.  Anyways his mother won't watch SD 12 and he won't ask the BM well because she's a loser and will prob say no.  So he asked his 22 year old son who agree but has the maturity level of a 14 year old.  Now he is saying he wants to take SD which I totally understand given the circumstance.  However he keeps asking what I would do and I said I would have asked my ex husband.  I am sorry the BM is such a joke that she cannot even take her own kid.

I have had the kid all summer while working at home.. I think i deserve a break.  I might just tell him we should think about cancelling.  I am sorry but I don't want to go on vacation with a 12 year old.  I could see if it were planned this way.. but it wasn't and I do understand DH's apprehension... but wth...

Why do I do it.  I found myself browsing at apartments online today....... 

Dogmom1321's picture

You have every right to not want to celebrate your birthday vacay with a 12 y/o. Even if the kid were an angel, I would want to relax and have fun on my birthday. 

You should still go. Find a girlfriend that can go with you and ditch DH. He can stay home with the kid. 

Winterglow's picture

Tell him to stuff it. He had enough time to plan about and he fluffed it. He probably couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery. Dammit, make sure he feels your wrath so that he is in no doubt that a half-assed attempt is NOT acceptable 

StepUltimate's picture

"He probably couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery."

Oh Winterglow, THANK YOU so much for the laugh. Biggrin

Losingit321's picture

I feel so out of line at times and I feel bad but jeez... I do deserve to be without a kid! 

Sadly- I dont know anyone that would be even able to go since it's next week.... 

Dogmom1321's picture

Go by yourself! Enjoy the quiet time. Use it to reflect. Hey, use the time to apartment hunt!

caninelover's picture

Thsi is what I would do!  Or bring a friend if you don't want to go alone.  All expenses paid by DH since he caused this problem...

hereiam's picture

No way in hell would I let him get away with bringing SD, it will teach him nothing (except that he can get away with making half- assed plans). Either go with a friend, or even by yourself, or just cancel.

Had it (you) really been important to him, he would have had this covered.

Did his mother back out or had he even asked her beforehand? Lining up the babysitter comes BEFORE making the actual vacation arrangements. My guess is, he just figured he would bring SD.

You are not out of line and you definitely deserve this vacation to be without SD. And maybe, without your husband. Don't let him get away with this.

Browsing apartments, huh?

Harry's picture

A payed babysitter.  So you can go away.  Don't make DH win.  Let it cost him money for his failure. 

CLove's picture

I did that a few months ago with SD15. She was on her phone the whole time, and didnt appreciate the ocean view right off the balcony...she had fun though, but it wasnt a vacation for me and it wasnt romantic or really that much fun.

So - follow my advice - do something fun for YOU.

Losingit321's picture

He ended up having his oldest son watching her for the week.. I think after I mentioned canceling twice he finally got it.. we all need breaks from these kids..